Sunday, August 24, 2008

more updates...

Dr. Elliot came and helped me make a plan for the next week or so. We decided NOT to do an amniocentesis this week (week 35) we want to keep little Georgia in here as long as possible. Up until today, every day I have a new PPA doc on call who disagrees or agrees with doing the amnio now. I am grateful that Dr. Elliot came in and laid it out for me. I asked him if the amnio would be up to tomorrow's doc and so on... he confirmed, no- he will put in my chart and that is that. I guess he is the one "in charge". Talking with him I do feel that keeping the baby "in" is the best for her, as long as I don't get really sick, and Dr. Elliot agrees. He also said I had a choice! You know you hear that you have a say in your health care, but I have just been doing what they tell me- they are doctors and know best, right? It was great that Dr. Elliot said I have a choice, that I could do the amnio this week or wait until 36 weeks to do it with pending delivery. He explained that if I deliver this week the only benefits would be to me and my preeclampsia comfort and not to the baby's. I thought how could I bare being that selfish so I could be home on my couch with Georgia being in the NICU. Elliot said if we wait until 36 weeks, we have a 90% chance of taking Georgia home with us, if we deliver now at 35 we have a 90% chance she will be in NICU. So it looks like another week on bed rest in the hospital! :) This is a small sacrifice to the health of our little baby. Of course we still have the looming "unless we have an emergency..." but I'm progressively getting worse at a "slow rate". So we are banking on me making it another week without me getting out of control. And that is why I have to be grateful I'm in the hospital so if and when anything gets worse, I'm in the right place. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! Hi Tyler! Hi Miss Georgia! Congratulations!! When do we get to see pictures?